10 Reasons Cats Are Better Than Kids
You know, this blog has been all serious since it started. It’s time for a light-hearted, humorous post. Since I’m a cat lover (I have three of my own), I compiled a list of 10 reasons why cats are better than kids.
1. You can actually get rid of a problem cat. Got a problem child? Sorry, you’re stuck with that kid for 18 years whether you like it or not.
2. Cats will actually leave you alone when you want to be left alone. Your kids? Sorry, they want your attention constantly and just can’t entertain themselves.
3. It takes months to potty-train a toddler. It takes days to litter-box train a kitten.
4. Cats are much less expensive to care for than children.
5. You don’t have to cook special meals on top of your dinner for a picky eater kid. All that your cat ever wants is a nice helping of his/her favorite cat food. What could be easier?
6. You have to use your sick time to stay at home with your sick kid (thereby having to work when you’re sick). Your sick cat doesn’t require you to stay home with him/her when he/she is sick.
7. Going somewhere for the night? Feed and water your cat ahead of time and you’re done. No trying to find a babysitter!
8. Want to go on a vacation alone (or just with your spouse)? Nobody needs to watch your cats all day, just have your neighbor feed and water them. Again, much cheaper.
9. Cats won’t scream and cry and keep you awake at night. You can spend your sleep time actually sleeping!
10. No dealing with raging hormones (well, provided you get your female cats fixed, which you should be doing anyway).